Using the power of art as a force for good
Since founding Shanah Equestrian, our main goal was to use this business as a force for good and help better our community; socially and environmentally.
So far, here are some initiatives we've taken on:
- In 2020, for every item sold, we donated a portion of the profits to three charities in the equestrian industry: Brooke USA, Refuge Galahad and Stable-Mind CIC.
- Our line of sunshirts are made of 100% recycled materials and sourced from recycled plastic bottles.
- All products are designed and produced locally to our headquarters in Québec, Canada.
- All our shipments are carbon neutral - we calculate the cost to offset our carbon footprint and use the funds to contribute to forest conservation projects.
- All ink used on the products are water-based for a lower environmental impact.
- All marketing and packaging materials are recycled or biodegradable.
- All fabrics and ink used are vegan.
- All the fabric scraps generated from the production of our bamboo crewnecks have been transformed into scrunchies and headbands; which makes this production nearly 0 waste.
- Our vintage rework collection is completely zero waste
We are continuously on a quest to create a bigger impact - stay tuned for our upcoming projects!